The Meaning of Dreams
Craig Hamilton-Parker is a well-known psychic medium and author and here tells us about the meaning of dreams. The video will give you a brief insight into what dreams mean and how you can interpret dreams.
On the pages of this website you will learn about common dreams and their meanings as well as the meaning of hundreds of other dreams too.
Video About the Meaning of Dreams
What is the Meaning of Dreams?
Dreams are a flow of thoughts, images, and sensations that happen in the mind when we are asleep. Psychologists are divided over the function and meaning of dreaming. Sigmund Freud believed that dreams are a window into our unconscious mind. He said that dreams represent memories, emotions and feelings that we try to suppress in waking life. Similarly, his student Carl Jung theorized that a dream’s meaning represented the integration our conscious and unconscious lives. He called this the process of individuation.
Some psychologists think that dreams are nothing more than the result of random brain activity that occurs while we are sleeping. Dreams are a way of processing information and stop the emotions from overheating. They claim that they are psychological junk and have no inherent meaning.
- How to Analyse your dreams
- Six Ways To Remember Dreams
- How To Make Dream Recall Tea
- Why Do We Dream?
PSYCHOLOGICAL MEANING OF DREAMS
The dream meaning and interpretations listed on this site start with a psychological meaning. These include the meanings given by Sigmund Freud and describe repressed emotions and sexual urges. We also include dream interpretations based on the psychology of Carl Jung. Jung believed that dreams are a way of communicating and acquainting yourself with the contents of the unconscious mind. Because of this, his understanding of the meaning of dreams included mythical themes, archetypes and spiritual interpretations of dreams.
- Sexual Dream Interpretation
- Dreams About Past Lives
- Reincarnation Memories of Children
- Dreams and the Hero Myth
THE MYSTICAL MEANING OF DREAMS
The ancients believed that dreams were messages from the gods. Many of the dream dictionaries you read are based upon these superstitions. We have included mystical meanings of dreams in our interpretations. You will read of strange auguries from dreams, dreams that tell the future and how dreams can awaken you to spiritual powers. You will learn what your dream has to say about your spiritual life and past lives.
- Fantasies about Relationships
- Lucid Dreams and how to have them
- Telepathy - Sharing Dreams
- Dreams and Fantasy to Escape Pain
- Foods That Help You Sleep
COMMON DREAM MEANINGS
There are many dreams that we all have in common. We include the meaning of dreams about teeth falling out, death and burial, being chased, flying, falling and being naked in public. Learn the meaning of dreams about snakes, spiders, shadow figures, being pregnant and many more commonly occulting dream themes.
Dream Meanings | Did You Know?
• One third of our lives are spent sleeping.
• In your lifetime you will spend about six years of it dreaming. That is more than 2100 days.
• Everybody dreams. Just because you don’t remember your dreams it does not mean that you didn’t dream
• We dream an average of one or two hours every night and we often have four to seven dreams in one night
• Five minutes after the end of a dream, half the content is forgotten. After ten minutes, 99 percent is lost.
• If you are snoring then you cannot be dreaming.
• The word dream stems from the middle English word, ‘dreme’ which means joy and music
• Men tend to dream more about other men, while women dream equally about men and women.
• Research has shown that during REM sleep men experience erections and women experience vaginal blood flow no matter what the content of the dream. In fact, ‘wet dreams’ may not coincide with overtly sexual content.
• People who give up smoking have longer and more intense dreams
• Toddlers do not dream about themselves. They don’t appear in their own dreams until the age of four.
Dream Meanings Book
On this site and in Craig’s book about the meaning of dreams, we consider both the psychological and mystical meaning of dreams. If what you read here inspires you then please consider the book trilogy of Hidden Meaning of Dreams that looks at all these issues in detail. It is a beautifully illustrated book with lots of easy-to-understand articles and an extensive dream dictionary.
My Dream Book Trilogy
Click the images to get my books: